How do Tyrecheckers® Light Vehicle LED Alert Caps Work?
The first time you put the Alert Cap onto the valve stem it takes a sample of the tyre pressure and saves it to a reference chamber. If the tyre pressure drops 4psi below the original pressure, the LED light will start flashing every 1.5 seconds until the tyre pressure returns to original pressure setting.
How to Fit - Tyrecheckers® simply replace the dust cap on your tyre valve.
- Check tyre pressure & inflate to recommended vehicle pressure.
- Using your fingers begin to screw alert cap onto the valve stem thread.
- Put the hexagon key supplied over the top of the alert cap & continue to twist as tight as you can.
- Calibrate the alert cap by turning the top of the cap clockwise, approx 2 turns, with the forked end of the key.
- To verify proper installation, unscrew the cap with the hexagon key and it will flash red if fitted correctly.
- Screw the alert cap back on firmly with the hexagon key.
- Important A loose cap will cause a flat tyre.
- The alert cap will now monitor your tyre pressure 24/7. Remove the key and store it in a safe place.
- Important If the tyre pressure drops 4psi the LED light will flash red.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE WILL NOT FIT ANY OF THE SPRINT ST MODELS DUE THE CAP FOULING WITH THE BRAKE CALIPER